For many Florida businesses, unsightly weeds and other vegetation can ruin the appearance of your building’s exterior, causing it to look unkempt and unprofessional. Florida Pest Control’s Vegetation Management Service (VMS) provides targeted control and removal of unwanted vegetation or “weeds” from your property. We address areas around your facility, highway, or railway where unwanted and unattractive weeds have taken over.
What Types of Weeds and Vegetation Can Florida Pest Control Remove?
Vegetation is usually classified as either:
- Desirable – turf, shrubs, and ornamental trees
- Undesirable – unwanted plant growth and weeds
Florida Pest Control VMS Specialists can control any type of undesirable vegetation, targeting the areas where growth is not desired. Specialists are also trained to handle sensitive areas, such as under trees or near water, by using specialized treatments that control weeds without causing harm to adjacent areas. With safety at the forefront, we make sure all the materials we use are non-flammable, non-corrosive, and low in toxicity.
Treatment areas include:
- Building perimeters
- Gravel parking lots and storage areas
- Asphalt cracks and crevices
- Fuel storage
- Industrial park railroad spurs
- Fence lines
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Our Vegetation Management Service Programs
Risks of uncontrolled vegetation
Unkempt vegetation near your building not only creates a visually unattractive environment that could potentially hamper brand reputation, but it also has many risk factors.
Pest friendly environments
Pests such as rodents, birds and insects thrive in areas with weeds and uncontrolled vegetation. It creates the perfect breeding ground for a pest infestation — the last thing your business needs.
Dangerous safety hazards
Overgrown and untamed vegetation increases the risk of fires and creates slip, trip, and fall hazards. Certain poisonous plants can also pose health risks when humans come in contact with them.
Obstruction of security equipment
Overgrown vegetation can block or cover security fencing, cameras and access points, jeopardizing the safety of your premises.
Benefits of vegetation management
- Removes potential hiding and nesting spots for rodents and other pests
- Eliminates fire and fall hazards, improving safety for employees and customers
- Improves accessibility by opening access to transformers, fuel storage areas, fire hydrants, emergency exits, etc.
- Eliminates harmful and invasive plants such as poison ivy, sumac and other irritant and allergy-causing vegetation
- Improves facility aesthetics and appearance
- Provides a cost savings alternative by reducing labor to outside facility and grounds maintenance
Why choose Florida Pest Control?
Our state-certified Vegetation Management specialists take the time to assess each individual facility’s unique needs to choose the most appropriate methods and materials. We will aim to provide season-long control of any unwanted vegetation, even in sensitive areas such as ditch banks, schools, and parks.
Vegetation Management in Miami-Dade, Broward County
Serving Miami - Fort Lauderdale Metro Area