Whether you’ve had termites before or simply want to prevent an infestation from ever occurring, there are many preventive steps you can take to help protect your property against termites. You can start by eliminating excess moisture and removing decaying wood from your property. Of course, the most important thing you can do to prevent termites is to have your home or business regularly inspected by a licensed and experienced company like Florida Pest Control. We’ve been protecting South Florida properties from termites for over 70 years!
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
What attracts termites?
When it comes to preventing termites, it’s important to understand what attracts them in the first place so you can address any conditions that are favorable for them. Below are some situations that may unknowingly attract termites.
- Standing water: wet and moist environments are very suited for termites so it’s important to repair any water leaks and drainage issues you may have.
- Dead trees or decaying wood stumps: termites actively seek out rotting wood, so you’ll want to remove it immediately.
- Stacks of firewood: store firewood away from your home and several inches from the ground. Also, keep it covered so it doesn’t get wet and rot.
- Uncared for deck and patio: if you have any outdoor wood structures, you’ll want to treat them and keep them maintained. If possible, make sure support beams touch concrete rather than dirt.
Termite prevention tips
Although preventing termites can be a gamble, there are some steps you can take to help prevent termites including:
- Eliminating sources of standing water in and around the home
- Ensuring your yard has effective drainage – clean out gutters and downspouts and avoid excess mulch
- Keeping wood and lumber away from the foundation of your home
- Removing dead trees and branches from your yard
- Being cautious of areas where wood is in contact with soil
Professional termite prevention
DIY methods and all-natural termite products are not going to work against these destructive pests. If you’re really concerned about termites invading your home or business, you should definitely enlist the help of Florida Pest Control. We’ll develop a plan tailored to your unique needs.
To learn more about our termite control or to schedule an inspection, contact us today!Back to Termite Exterminators – Control
How to Prevent Termites in Miami-Dade, Broward County
Serving Miami Dade Metro Area - Fort Lauderdale - Broward County - West Palm Beach