Bees and wasps are a normal and welcomed part of our environment. However, bees and wasps become a threat when they build nests near our South Florida communities. If a nest is built on or near your home or business, you have a bee issue on your hands. At Florida Pest Control, we understand how distressing a bee or wasp issue on your property can be. Because stinging insects can be unpredictable around their nests, it’s important to always enlist the help of our professional bee control experts.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Identify Bees & Wasps in South Florida
To identify bees, it’s important to look at their nests. Bees, wasps, and hornets all build unique nests that are the best point of reference for knowing what you’re dealing with. Seeing any of the following nests warrants a call to our bee control experts for assistance:
- Paper wasps: These wasps create open, exposed nests that resemble upside-down umbrellas. Paper wasp nests often hang from a single stalk.
- Yellowjackets: Built out of a papery material, yellowjacket nests can be found in wall voids. They also are able to build extensive underground burrows.
- Bald-faced hornets: These nests are made of chewed wood fibers mixed with saliva. They often grow to be the size of a football or basketball.
- Carpenter bees: As wood-boring insects, carpenter bees nest within wood structures. Seeing circular holes in wood indicates their nesting activity.
- Honey bees: These bees make their nests with wax, which are always hidden within trees or structures.
What are the Dangers of Bees?
Bees and wasps become an issue when they nest to close to highly-populated areas such as your home or business complex. Left alone, nests can grow out of proportion and lead to a swarm, which is dangerous for several reasons. Certain species, such as the yellowjacket, can be particularly aggressive around their nest. This is especially threatening for those allergic to bees. It’s never wise to approach a nest on your own for identification or removal purposes—always contact a professional for assistance.
When to Get Help For Bee Issues
When it comes to identifying or removing bees, wasps, and hornets, it’s best to enlist the help of a pest control company that you can trust. The licensed experts at Florida Pest will identify the bee issue and execute a plan for safe and quick removal of the nest or hive. Contact us today to set up an inspection.Back to Bee, Wasp, & Hornet Exterminators – Control – Removal
Identifying When You Have a Bee Issue in Miami-Dade, Broward County
Serving Miami Dade Metro Area - Fort Lauderdale - Broward County - West Palm Beach