Bed bugs are resilient pests and no one wants to be faced with a bed bug problem inside their home or business. Regrettably, bed bug activity is on the rise in South Florida and it’s important to learn the signs of a bed bug infestation. In addition to being a nuisance, bed bugs also bite and can travel from room-to-room without being noticed. Getting rid of them always requires the assistance of an exterminator.
As soon as you observe any of the bed bug signs below in your South Florida property, it’s time to call the bed bug control experts at Florida Pest Control.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Top Signs of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are tiny and can be difficult to detect with an untrained eye. There are several signs to determine if your home or business has been infested by bed bugs. Seven signs of bed bug activity to look for include:
- Shed skins. Bed bugs molt and shed their skin in mattress creases, around mattress edges, and in crevices that serve as hiding places.
- Red or rusty stains. Bed bugs leave a mark when crushed.
- Fecal matter. Appear as black specks, as small as the tip of a pen, on the mattress, mattress cover, or fabrics.
- Tiny eggshells or eggs. Although rarely seen, eggshells are a pale yellow color.
- Nymphs. Young bed bugs, light in color, getting darker as they mature.
- Adult bed bugs. Active bugs are often found clustered together.
- Odor. A heavy infestation leaves a musty odor that smells like coriander.
Common Bed Bugs Symptoms
While bed bugs are not considered dangerous, there are individuals who are allergic to their bites. Bed bugs are nocturnal and feed at night. When their victim is sleeping or at rest, bed bugs target exposed areas of the body, such as the arms or legs. Bed bug bites are often confused for other bug bites, however, there are distinct differences: Bed bug bites are arranged in straight lines or zigzag patterns, and can be clustered on the body. Symptoms of bed bug bites are rare, but occasionally bites will cause rashes, hives, itching, and welts.
You’ve Noticed the Signs of Bed Bugs—What To Do Next?
If you observe any of the signs of bed bugs, it’s time to enlist the help of a professional bed bug exterminator. At Florida Pest Control, our team of bed bug experts will perform a thorough inspection to detect bed bugs on your property. Effectively treating bed bugs is a complex and comprehensive undertaking. Our bed bug exterminators have the experience needed to get rid of bed bugs for good. For more information on signs of bed bugs or to schedule an inspection, contact us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of Bed Bugs in Miami-Dade, Broward County
Serving Miami Dade Metro Area - Fort Lauderdale - Broward County - West Palm Beach